Wednesday, November 10, 2010

free.

Yesterday, I fell down a flight of stairs.  No exaggeration, I fell from the top stair all the way to the bottom.  It hurt. Today it still hurts.  It's probably going to hurt again tomorrow.  
But, I will be okay.  Within a week [or so] the bruises will heal, I'll laugh off the embarrassment, and my muscles will stop tensing every time I near a staircase. I will heal.  Given time, all wounds will heal.

I read "Love in a Fallen City" by Eileen Chang [or Zhang Ailing if you prefer].  It was absolutely amazing; definitely one of the best short stories I have read.  I've discovered that I am rather found of Asian literature.  I think it's because it always reminds me of my mother.  She has always greatly admired Asian cultures. 

I think I'll reread The Good Earth soon or maybe I'll opt for Their Eyes Were Watching God.  I've done a good bit of reading today and realized how much I miss just reading for reading's sake.  I tried to restart Anna Karenina but sadly I think it might be years before I can grapple with that one. 
I'm thinking of postponing my job hunt until next semester.  It seems like a great deal of time to take off looking for work, but my schedule for next semester is packed, and I really need to do well in all of my classes.  I'm a little bummed because I could really use some source of income, but I have to be realistic.  God, reality sucks sometimes.  Oh well, at least ramen noodles are super duper cheap :)

I'm trying to think....I don't guess anything else really extraordinary happened today.  Oh, I went to most of my classes.  Great feat is great.  The world is still scary, but I'm feeling a little more like the Brave Little Toaster everyday. 

1 comment: